Trade Marketing Manager - Italian Wine/FMCG
Trade Marketing Manager – Italian Wine/FMCG
My client is one of the UK’s leading and highly respected wine distributers
The role of Trade Marketing Manager offers a real chance to utilise your creative marketing flair and provides an excellent opportunity to personally grow and develop as there will be several challenges within the first 12 months; these will include successful integration into the team and business, as well as the need to develop detailed brand knowledge.
As Trade Marketing Manager, you are responsible for the strategic direction and day to day running of a portfolio of wine brands, as well as overall category responsibility. This position must also drive profitable sales.
You will need to demonstrate an in-depth understanding & passion of the Italian wine market
The Trade Marketing Manager will work in a young, dynamic and commercial environment on a target and goal basis. Exuding self-assurance and gravitas, this role will provide the appointed individual with an excellent opportunity to personally grow and develop, ensuring exposure and a real opportunity to achieve success and recognition in the world of wine.
• Providing the brands with direction and focus; growing their profitability by cultivating winning strategies that develop agency sales volume.
• Foster strong relationships with the brand owners to drive the strategic direction of their brands, assuming responsibility for performance.
• You will be responsible for forecasting sales, creating budgets and working closely with the sales team to achieve the budgets– there is a sizeable commercial element to this role.
• You will be positive and proactive, working within a results driven team and display an entrepreneurial, “can do” attitude.
• Engaging journalists and bloggers; talking to the writers who influence both the wine trade and consumers through style press etc. to further raise the profile and awareness of the Brand Owners.
• Practical knowledge of using and interpreting Market data [e.g. AC Nielsen data and TGI]
• computer literate, using Word, excel, and PowerPoint.
• Analytical, numerate, commercially astute, with excellent interpersonal skills
• confident; outgoing and personable with the ability to plan and manage tastings plus other ‘after hours’ events.
• Excellent written and verbal communication is essential.
• Speaking fluent Italian is a distinct advantage.
• A minimum of 2 years marketing or Brand management experience, within the wine industry is highly desirable for this position.
• Team player (this is No1 on the list) Flexible and happy to work ad-hoc
• Formal education qualifications are less important than a proven track record, however education to degree level desirable.
Ideal people are already working in the wine industry as a Brand Manager and looking for a change, having had experience of delivering brand plans and activation aligned to a wider brand sales and marketing plan, they should also have a real passion for wine and in particular Italian wine
If you have experience in a similar role, please send your CV to or call me -
COREcruitment are experts in recruiting for Hospitality, Catering, Leisure, Retail, FM, Property and Construction sectors. We currently have over 1350 live roles across the UK, Middle East, Europe, North America, South East Asia, Africa and Australia.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website at or call us on for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow COREcruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.