Linux System Engineer
Linux System Engineer - Central London - £50K - 75K + 12.5% - 15% bonus
WORLD LEADING TELECOMS HOUSE is looking for a Linux System Engineer to join their team. You will be joining a FTSE company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. You will be working in a state of the art environment, with cutting edge technology and plush modern offices in the heart of London. Excellent career progression and a first class career at the forefront of the telecoms arena is on offer.
Pension + Health Care + Dental Schemes + 25 days holiday (inc to 30 days) + Health Insurance + Childcare vouchers + Season Ticket Loan + PC loan + onsite gym + subsidised onsite restaurant and coffee bar + LARGE Bonus
As a Linux Systems Engineer, you will have the following duties:
* Responsible for maintaining virtual and bare metal servers in the data centres
* Troubleshooting and resolving problems within the datacentres
* Supporting root cause analysis
* Ensuring that the datacentres maintain a high degree of security through the application of OS patches and releases
* Providing tools to automate repetitive tasks
* Manage the lifecycle of hardware, applications and licences
Provide out of hours support (once every one in four weeks) to the NOC as part of the on-call operations engineering team -
To be successful for the Linux Systems Engineer role, you need the following skills / experience:
* Advanced system administration skills
* System expertise to support 3rd line problem resolution.
* RedHat RHCA or equivalent in appropriate technology
* Detailed knowledge of routing and switching and preferably hands on experience with Cisco datacentres switches
* Extensive experience of virtualization technologies including KVM and VMware
* Strong Linux scripting skills and programming experience in Python, Java or C/C++
Don’t miss this great opportunity to join a well-known company that look after their staff.
Contact Sally Hall on or click the “Apply Now” button.