Senior Finance Business Partner
3 days left
- Full Time
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a Senior Finance Analyst to provide commercial support in a high profile role supporting on strategic and commercial decisions. You will act as the prime point of commercial financial support to the Head of Sales and Marketing, Product Managers, and at times the MD; providing incisive, value-add financial support and analysis which facilitates effective decision making. You will also work closely with the wider Finance, and Strategy and Planning teams. Team management experience is essential!
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Lead the delivery of the budgets and forecasts, incorporating sales and revenue forecasting and budgeting by customer, segment and product. This includes sales reporting and forecasting, pipeline forecasting and analysis, sales to revenue reconciliations and definition, reporting & analysis of sales metrics and other KPIs as required.
- Responsibility for driving and implementing actionable commercial insight.
- Partnering with the Sales and Marketing, and Product Management communities to provide whatever financial support they need to help manage and meet their performance-related targets.
- Monitoring of Sales and Marketing Team performance versus targets and the impacts of strategies on performance, including coordinating the annual target-setting process and ensuring that it drives commercial success. Validate and review quarterly calculations and payments.
- Creation of a comprehensive suite of metrics and presentation materials for review with management.
- Work closely with the finance team to support the development of an insightful suite of reports and analyse them to provide regular insights to Sales and Marketing, Finance and senior leadership teams.
- Model new business opportunities and 'what if’ scenarios with specific attention to assisting with profitability and pricing assessments.
- Ensure effective management of capital projects and post implementation assessments for new products or other business propositions.
- Programme support such as new product launches, product migrations and obsolescence.
- Review and refinement of data capture processes.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and support to projects and with business related issues.
- Create an environment in which the directly managed team of Business Analysts can be motivated and ensure adequate coaching to develop team members. Ensure the team have clear objectives and provide help and guidance in meeting those objectives.
- Through the Business Analysts reporting into this role: ensure the accurate and timely reporting of direct and indirect subscription sales and revenues and associated costs; the timely reporting of the costs of the Sales, Marketing, Product Management and any other teams or costs as required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of providing commercial financial support to Sales and Marketing and other Commercial functions
- Advanced excel skills (VBA knowledge preferable)
- Experience of using SAP or similar ERP system
Skills and abilities:
- Team/Line management experience is essential!
- Strong commercial awareness - comfortable working with highly experienced teams, including business partnering at Director level.
- Ability to work closely with colleagues whilst retaining an objective and professional perspective.
- Experience working in a business with various revenue streams.
- Experience in either Media/Publishing, IT/Tech or Online/Digital essential.
- Ability to manage transversely both leading and supporting.
- Judgement of when to challenge and when to lend support.
- Customer focused with ability to build strong working relationships with non-finance and finance peers.
- Bachelors degree
- ACMA, ACA, ACCA with at least 6 years PQE
- Exceptional levels of initiative
- Confidence to take ownership of tasks and work independently
- Honesty and integrity.
- Resilient - able to work under pressure
- Tenacious and driven by delivering results.
Salary: 65-75K + car allowance + benefits