Service Desk Specialist
Service Desk Specialist
Location: Millbank, London
Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Specialist to join a busy and award winning organisation. Based in Millbank, London with modern offices overlooking the river, the successful candidate will have the responsibility of ensuring smooth operations of user and system hardware and software used by the XLN team. They will execute changes and improvement and ensure that maintenance, improvements and actions do not affect the business negatively.
Working hours: IT Operations Team operates from 08:30 to 19:00 Monday to Friday and on Saturday from 09:00 to 17:00 (On Call Shift).
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- 1st and 2nd line support.Troubleshoot desktops and servers for any hardware and software issues, troubleshoot network issues and user equipment such as iPhones, laptops and tablets
- Take ownership of faults and managing them in a logical and methodical manner and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Escalate all unresolved cases to 3rd line support and to suppliers and vendors
- Support the in-house CRM software
- Contribute to infrastructure upgrades. New software rollout, hardware refresh and network equipment upgrade.
- Have knowledge of the network layout and configuration within the office, including external VPN links to be able to perform troubleshooting of both internal and external connectivity issues
- Maintain and develop own knowledge and skills to assist with first time fault resolution.
- Share knowledge with team colleagues by publishing knowledge base articles and organising cross-training.
- Create/disable user accounts and mailboxes, reset passwords, create groups, and assign permissions.
- Ability to plan, implement and manage projects to deliver to time and quality.
- Minimum of 2 years` experience in a similar role.
- University degree or equivalent in an IT Infrastructure discipline
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills, and issues ownership.
- Knowledge of LAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, ACLs, Routing, IP Sec VPN.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, ADFS, DFS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 roles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft WDS and MDT, imaging process, client/server patching with WSUS.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and 10, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office 2007-2013.
- Knowledge of ticketing systems such as Atlassian JIRA Service Desk, Zendesk, BMC Remedy.
- CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft MCSA or MCSE, Cisco CCNA certifications are a bonus
- Familiarity with phone (ACD) systems
- Experience of VoIP systems
- Knowledge of network and systems monitoring tools and procedures
- Ability to write SQL Queries
- Basic Linux skills
- AWS Cloud knowledge
- Microsoft Office 365
If you have the skills are experience to excel in this job, please submit your CV for consideration in the first instance
Keywords: Service Desk Analyst, Helpdesk Analyst, Technical Support Analyst, Support Engineer, IT Operations Assistant, 1st and 2nd Line Support