Senior Business intelligence Developer
6 days left
- Full Time
Are you looking to progress your career with a dynamic, fast-growing company? If so, read on as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer to join our team in Haywards Heath.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining the Enterprise Data Warehouse and associated marts, by developing new processes and enhancing existing processes, in order to provide accurate data and reports to the business. You’ll also provide support to BI Developers, including training and coaching team members.
- Maintain and validate the databases within BI
- Take a leading role in the development of new solutions that can be utilised within the BI environment
- Develop and maintain reports and data required throughout the business
- Report key issues for business input and analyse these issues to provide solutions
- Liaise with other departments to understand their requirements from the systems and BI reports
- Ensure compliance with company and other relevant standards and regulations at all times, including Treating Customers Fairly (TCF)
- Proposing technical solutions and communicating these to team members
- Team leadership regarding project management
Skills & experience required:
- Strong experience of working as a database specialist
- Strong development background with experience in MS-SQL Server 2008 onwards and demonstrable experience of TSQL, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS
- Experience of working in the insurance industry
- Solid understanding of data warehouse structures
- Experience and knowledge of developing data warehouses is desirable, but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of latest SQL developments
- Excellent problem solving skills, especially the ability to develop efficient solutions to BI problems
- Understanding of the metrics used to analyse motor insurance
- Strong experience of reporting data structures and design
- Knowledge of a structured yet agile approach to development
- Experience of working on agile projects with the ability to be flexible in approach
- Data visualisation skills
We’re looking for someone who is client-focused, has commercial awareness and is results driven. You must be self-motivated, have an organised and proactive approach and have excellent attention to detail.
If this sounds like your perfect job and you have the skills and experience required, we want to hear from you today.