7 days left
- Full Time
Based in Peterborough, our client is looking for an accurate, attentive, tenacious and highly motivated Accounts Assistant on permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a thriving, successful Practice who are a fast growing, well-known brand in their market sector.
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledger journals.
- Preparing statutory accounts.
- Calculating and checking to make sure payments, accounts and records are correct.
- Sorting out income and outgoing daily post and answering any queries.
- Managing petty cash transactions.
- Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits.
- Sound technical accounting / bookkeeping knowledge and ability to carry out accurate reconciliations essential.
- Experienced in posting journals.
- Strong competency with excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain the fixed asset register for month end reporting.
- Ownership of Accounts Receivable process including internal company accounts.
- To work proactively with order management, ensuring credit policies are adhered to and overdue debt is minimised through effective credit control.
- Process period-end (month & quarter) tasks towards timely and accurate submission of internal and external reporting to corporate deadlines.
- Credit control processing (checking, contacting customers, dunning, reporting)
- Identify and post receipts ensuring revenue and exchange differences are posted correctly.
- Must come from a practice background.
Hours & Pay
- Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00
- £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
The client we are working with are a well-established practice who provide an extensive range of accountancy, taxation and advisory services to a variety of individuals and businesses across the Peterborough, Kettering, Corby and Market Harborough area.
If this sounds like the ideal new role for yourself, then please apply through the relevant channels. For more information regarding the role, feel free to contact EMma at Recruit Mint Commercial.