Lecturer in English (GCSE and Functional Skills)
7 days left
- Full Time
LinkPoint specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Education sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Lecturer in English (GCSE and Functional Skills) to join a very successful nationwide training provider.
The role will cover two Sites (Colchester & Clacton) working two or three days per week.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the Common Inspection Framework requirements, the LLUK Overarching Professional Standards for Teachers, Tutors and Trainers in the Lifelong learning Sector (2010) and the National Occupational Standards for Learning Delivery (2010)
- To work towards and achieve targets set by our client and the EFA relating to all aspects of the Study Programme framework, by delivering GCSE and Functional Skills in the subject areas of Maths and English, with ICT embedded in all sessions. Contextualisation to employability, PSD and vocational subject areas is required.
Main Duties & Responsibilities (General)
- Achieve company KPI’s and Individual Performance Plan.
- Support the Quality Team and teaching staff with the continuous improvement of English GCSE and Functional English delivery, by championing your subject area, acting as a subject expert and delivering CPD to individuals and groups to meet the needs of the business.
- Plan individual learning to meet learner needs and ensure lesson plans are prepared prior to learners attending and are linked to overarching Schemes of Work.
- Ensure Safeguarding and Every Child Matters is implemented and strictly adhered to at all times, creating a stimulating and safe learning environment.
- Create conditions in the training centre(s) which will help to develop the abilities, skill and confidence of each learner.
- Empathise with, engage and motivate learners across all programmes.
- Ensure that discipline is maintained at all times and that learners are supervised appropriately.
- Managing learner behaviour in the classroom and on company premises, applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Support the implementation and development of the Functional Skills (FS) Strategy.
- Plan embedded learning for groups and individuals. .
- Ensure that learners have access to appropriate contextualised employment and personal skills sessions.
- Work collaboratively with peers using verbal and written reports to ensure accurate and timely progress reviews, to meet the requirements of awarding and funding bodies.
- Regularly assess learners work to awarding body and Ofsted CIF criteria.
- Planning, preparation and delivery of GCSE’s and Functional Skills.
- Embed and deliver GCSE’s/Functional Skills following the Study Programme ethos, ensuring learners develop an awareness of employability skills, vocational opportunities and PSD issues whilst acquiring key Functional Skills/GCSE’s.
- Develop and assess GCSE’s and Functional Skills to the appropriate levels to support the learners’ ability to work confidently, effectively and independently in life and work.
- Ensure that learners are involved in the decision-making process, either as individuals or in groups through learner voice forums, surveys, attendance at Standardisation and Curriculum Review sessions etc.
Key Experience & Requirements
- GCSE English teaching experience.
- Ability to teach pre-GCSE and Functional Skills.
- Full Teaching Qualification i.e. Cert Ed, C&G 7407, CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE
- Level 5 English
- Level 2 in Maths and/or ICT.
- Communicate to a range of audiences (verbal, written, using ICT or other media as appropriate).
- To be able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Hold a Full UK Driving License
- Experience of teaching, training or supporting young people 14-19 year olds.
- Will be required to have an Enhanced DBS check carried out
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today