Functional Skills Tutor (English & Maths)
LinkPoint specialises in the recruitment of high quality candidates in the Education Sector. We have an excellent opportunity for a Study Programme Functional Skills Tutor to join a very successful training provider.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the Common Inspection Framework (09/2012) requirements, the LLUK Overarching Professional Standards for Teachers, Tutors and Trainers in the Lifelong Learning Sector (2010) and the National Occupational Standards for Learning Delivery (2010)
- To work towards and achieve targets set by our client and the EFA relating to all aspects of the Foundation Learning and Study Programme frameworks, by delivering Functional Skills in the subject areas of Maths and English, with ICT embedded in all sessions. Contextualisation to employability, PSD and vocational subject areas is required.
- Plan individual learning to meet learner needs and ensure lesson plans are prepared prior to learners attending and are linked to overarching Schemes of Work.
- Ensure that our client’s policy on Safeguarding and Every Child Matters is implemented and strictly adhered to at all times, creating a stimulating and safe learning environment.
- Create conditions in the training centre(s) which will help to develop the abilities, skill and confidence of each learner.
- Empathise with, engage and motivate learners across all programmes.
- Ensure that discipline is maintained at all times and that learners are supervised appropriately.
- Managing learner behaviour in the classroom and on company premises, applying appropriate and effective measures in cases of misbehaviour
- Undertaking pastoral duties and supporting learners on an individual basis through academic or personal difficulties
- Support the implementation and development of the Functional Skills (FS) Strategy.
- Plan embedded learning for groups and individuals. .
- Regularly assess learners work to awarding body and Ofsted CIF criteria.
- Planning, preparation and delivery of FS contextualised sessions alongside all other qualifications
- Develop delivery in order to maximise progression opportunities for learners.
- Managing resources and ensuring the security of equipment and materials.
- Keep learner records accurate and up to date following compliance with funding body and Ofsted requirements.
Key Experience / Requirements
- An enhanced CRB check is a mandatory requirement for this post.
- All staff should be appropriately qualified in their main delivery area(s).
- Support and review sessions will be used to identify any training opportunities/needs and plan future training.
- Relevant Functional Skills or Maths and English experience as appropriate for area of delivery.
- A minimum of 2 years Teaching experience in 14-19 provision
- Level 3 English and/or Maths
- Full Teaching Qualification i.e. Cert Ed, C&G 7407, CTLLS, DTLLS
- ICT L2
Are you enthusiastic about this job? Send us your CV in word format today