Business Development Assistant - Tech Start-Up - Paid Internship - Central London
This is a tech start-up, currently consisting of seven people, building a service that allows people to access expert knowledge on demand.
The company is strongly funded by angel and venture capital and the team has a strong track history in technology. The CEO is highly reputed in the industry and successfully sold his previous start-up to one of the world’s largest Internet companies.
A truly exciting and potentially life changing opportunity for a graduate with an open mind and strong work ethic.
This is a 3month paid internship offering NMW, followed by a permanent role all being well.
How you can expect to spend your day;
Looking for a business development assistant to support the merchants and clients using their on-demand advice service, which provides customers with instant and affordable access to high-quality expertise.
With expert advisors from various sectors including academic tutors, chefs, personal trainers, doctors, plus other professions, their customers are people who are looking for a quick answer from a real expert they can trust.
You’ll report to the Business Development Manager and work alongside several other business development interns.
You’ll ideally have experience in customer- or client-facing communications, technology start-ups, or related business functions such as customer service, marketing or sales. However, aptitude is more important than experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wishes to join a technology start-up with high growth potential. Your role and responsibilities will likely evolve at a fast pace and you’ll be working in an environment that’s comfortable, collaborative and focused.
- Process, filter and respond to customer enquiries as appropriate, using our online support platform, but also email and other communication channels as required.
- Assist with our monthly payment processes and any other operational needs for our merchants.
- Help manage our merchant communications and liaise with the business and development teams when necessary to communicate and prioritise bugs, issues and feature requests.
- Research, source, recruit, manage and train merchants in how our service works and encourage their engagement with our application.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
- Articulate with strong verbal and written communications
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently, diligently and efficiently
- Previous experience in start-ups or technology is desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in marketing, sales, communications or business development is desirable but not essential