the legal secretary will enhance the effectiveness by providing information-management support; representing the attorney to clients and others. There are a number of different aspects to this role from family law, to litegation, to employment law. You would not only need to have a good understanding of the legal professional but also be comfortable hitting deadlines and helping to manage an office.
Some of the key aspects of this role:
- Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Produces information for clients/attorney.
- Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents.
- Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel.
- Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
- Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices; tracking payments.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Maintains office supplies by checking stocks; placing and expediting orders; evaluating new products.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Some of the key skills that are required for this role would be:
- Documentation Skills,
- Meeting Planning,
- Supply Management,
- Telephone Skills,
- Office Experience - General,
- PC Proficiency,
- Verbal Communication,
- Internal Communications,
- Client Relationships
- Salary; £18,000 - £25,000 pa DOE
At Pyramid Recruitment we would love to provide feedback to every applicant that submits an application to our advert, however this is not always achievable due to the high volumes of applications we receive. We kindly ask that if you have not heard back from us within five days of submitting an application to note your application, on this occasion, has not been successful. Pyramid Recruitment Services ltd are acting as an employment agency for the advertised role. The Pyramid team of consultants are all experts in their field of recruitment, these include, but not exclusively, engineering, back office staff, management, sales and temporary staffing solutions. The Pyramid team has a number of years’ experience helping find the right positions for their candidates and the right people for their clients. The consultants are all passionate about delivering a professional and efficient service. With a centrally located office in Colchester we are well equipped to assist with staffing requirements (both temporary and permanent) throughout Essex and Suffolk, across a wide range of sectors.