7 days left
- Full Time
£18,000 - £23,000 dependent on experience plus excellent benefits
This is an excellent position for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Commercial Insurance team in Southampton. You will be working with a team of Insurance professionals who are recognised as experts within their field.
The quality of our underwriters is pivotal to Allianz's success, as a key member of the team you will be able to learn the fundamentals of underwriting whilst developing your trading and soft skills. You'll be given opportunities to seek new business, develop existing relationships and renew existing cases. No risk is the same, so you'll need to use your strong analytical and communication skills, as well as technical knowledge to influence our brokers and develop strong trading relationships.
We offer a great environment to support and nurture personal and technical development, including participation in our award winning underwriting academy.
This opportunity is ideal for either a new entrant or someone in the early stages of their career that is keen to gain and develop their technical expertise quickly. Whilst your career may start in underwriting Allianz offers a range of career paths.
What we are looking for:
- Degree qualified essential - business related or numerically based disciplines preferred
- Experience of working in the financial sector is desirable but not essential
- Evidence of personal and professional development and commitment to further development is essential
- You must enjoy interacting with others, building strong internal and external relationships and have excellent communication skills
- You should be confident handling, analysing and interpreting data
- You should thrive in a fast paced environment and get a sense of achievement meeting goals and targets
What we offer you in return:
- Competitive salary, which is reviewed annually
- Annual Bonus related to individual and company performance
- A generous pension plan
- Competitive holiday allowance that increases with length of service, with the option of buying and selling up to 5 days holiday per year
- Share purchase plan
- Flexible benefits plan, giving the option to tailor benefits (such as dental insurance and private medical care) to suit individual needs
- Excellent training and development opportunities including our Award winning Underwriting Academy which is CII accredited.
- 25% off Insurance products.