Software Engineer Intern
This vacancy is advertised to graduates (candidates who have completed their studies or in their final year) or undergraduates who wish to take a sandwich placement.
Are you interested in developing software engineering skills?
Ticketmaster International is currently looking for two software engineering interns to join our consumer platform engineering teams.
In this role you will be an active member of an engineering team and will be contribute to eCommerce platforms that are visited by millions of people. You will be mentored by experienced software engineers and can expect to gain experience in many aspects of software engineering
What you will be doing
- You will be exposed to the full platform stack - database, web tier and client
- You will be introduced to architectural patterns in a cloud-based environment.
- You will be exposed to teams that are defining infrastructure with code.
- You will learn how business and fan needs are transformed into website features. You will learn how the success of these features is measured and how features are iteratively developed.
- You will learn the importance of application performance and how it is measured across the stack using modern APM techniques.
- You will be exposed to the scale of developing, deploying and operating a global platform that serves over 50 million visitors per month.
- You must be capable of writing software in at least two or more of the following languages
- You are good communicator and work well in a team
- You are enthusiastic and motivated.
- You believe think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not in conflict or mutually exclusive.
- You are passionate about software engineering
- You want to learn
- You want to understand the full stack and Infrastructure as code
This is a full time (Monday - Friday 9.30am - 5.30 OR 10am-6pm) paid internship that will be recruited on a 12 month fixed term contract commencing in September 2017.
Before applying to this role please ensure you add a short cover letter above your CV (not just as an attachment). In your cover letter please ensure you have covered
- Why you are applying for this role
- How your degree or any practical experience relate to the internship that you are applying for
- What you hope to gain from your experience with Ticketmaster
- What programming languages have you used?
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
All roles at Live Nation Entertainment are subject to full background screening.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Closing date: 24/2/2017