fdu is recruiting a FP&A Controller to report directly to the CEO of this highly successful multi-site retailer. This is a new role for the organisation, the focus of this position with be to aid growth and the strategic decision making process.
- Ownership of the production of the short and medium to long-term (2-5 year) financial plan for the business. This will involve liaising with Senior Management in all departments, supporting them in developing their individual plans, but challenging their assumptions where necessary.
- Production of the annual revenue budget in conjunction with the revenue, sales and marketing teams to reflect both market conditions and strategies implemented by the business.
- Leading commercial analysis to provide the business with regular and ad-hoc trading and performance reports, together with analysis and actionable information to aid understanding and insight into the drivers behind the results.
- Production of regular KPI packs to assist the business in understanding performance and trends across a number of different operations, including the visualisation of, commentary upon, a number of different metrics, both financial and non-financial.
- Monitoring customer sales performance and behaviour to enable the business to assess the value of its customer base.
- Co-ordinating, analysing and reporting to the Directors/Senior Management on investment projects including new product lines, new Contracts, overseas development and any acquisitions or joint ventures. This assessment will include financial analysis, but may also extend to a review of commercial, economic and legal aspects.
- Play a key part in the development of the wider Finance department and its capability to partner with the rest of the organisation.
Person Specification: Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years’ of relevant experience in a related business sector i.e. multi-site Retail / Manufacturing.
- Ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience working at FC level and fully qualified.
- Demonstrative track record of applying strong commercially oriented Financial Planning and Analysis skill sets to growing and changing situations.
- Excellent and relevant IT systems skills; for any identification of potential new requirements, and for effective use of.
- Experience of managing and developing direct reports
- The demonstrable balance of technical competence with true commercial awareness.
- Strong analytical skills: data and 'number-hungry’, and a desire to understand performance based on financial and non-financial metrics.
- Demonstrate the ability to work at both the strategic and the 'hands-on’ level.
- High level of competence in Microsoft Excel, excellent experience of forecasting and modelling.
- Ability to think creatively and present complex data in an easily understandable manner.