Category Manager / Consumer Goods / 12 month FTC
*** This role is full time and located in Bath***
My client is looking for a Category Manager to take charge of one of the categories of this exciting brand and grow the profitability of the business. Reporting to the Creative Director you will develop the new brands and licenses, keeping up to date with the market trends.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead the strategic vision for your brands and execute that vision with your team.
- Manage, organise and allocate the Designers, Product Developers and Art workers in your team in the best way to meet your seasonal product development goals.
- Work with the Creative Director to identify opportunities to develop new brands or licenses.
- Keep up to date with the market for your category and stay abreast of current trends, competitor products, formats and pricing, and anticipate opportunities for new products. This will also include regular comp shops and tradeshow visits to maintain and develop market insight and advantage.
- Present new product and brand ideas to the Senior Management Team.
- Lead range reviews of current lines with our Sales and Inventory Team to identify areas for development and plan close-outs.
- Meet innovation and price point objectives while maintaining critical paths.
- Work effectively with sourcing, factory compliance, product testing and safety teams.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to ensure all marketing activity is aligned with brands and maximises the impact of new product launches. This will cover; tradeshow displays, in store merchandising, launch and sales support material and PR.
- Meet the product development requirements of licenses within your category to ensure licensor sales targets can be met.
- Work collaboratively and share your progress, knowledge and experience with other teams and managers.
Background and Experience
- You will have at least 5 years' management experience in a design, product development or category management role.
- You will have experience leading a team and a track record of product or brand development and revenue growth.
- Experience in working with Far East suppliers would be an advantage.
- Buying experience for a retailer and brand building experience would be desirable
- You will be able to demonstrate creative thinking and initiative
- You will be able to communicate confidently and effectively, both written and orally in meetings, and present your ideas confidently to a senior level.
- You can analyse data to make good judgements and informed predictions and decisions.
- You are comfortable working to seasonal deadlines
- You like the idea of making our consumers smile
If you feel that you match the above experience, please get in touch with your cv -