Technical Director - Structural Engineer - Historical Building
TGSR has partnered with a global business consulting firm, in search for a Technical Director - Structural Engineer - Historical Building, who will bring their expertise and passion to clients and their buildings portfolio. My client provides a range of in-house services to bring a unique blend of technical excellence and truly single source capability to clients.
Location: The ideal candidate will be based in Central London.
Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience.
Person Specification - Essential
- MSc or MEng degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Solid background in delivering structural projects on historical buildings
- Proven experience in delivering client satisfaction through successful delivery of projects from concept to completion
- Must have experience in the design and specification of building structures in steel, concrete, masonry and timber, following British Standards and Eurocodes
- Able to implement the use of 3D structural analysis and CSC design software on projects
- Demonstrated experience in leading projects with varying scale and complexity
- Must inspire the confidence of and influence clients and other team members in the area of technical expertise with a proven ability to represent the company at external meetings
- Highly familiar with UK Building Regulations and design standards for discipline
- Focused on sustainable design with knowledge of current techniques and technologies as applied to own discipline
- Capable of communicating clearly in written, sketch and drawn forms to people at all levels
- Chartered Engineer and member of either the IStructE or ICE
- Business development experience
- Some knowledge of AutoCAD or Revit software
- Serve as technical lead on projects with a focus on historical buildings
- Responsible for project financials
- Responsible for technical oversight on team activities including signing off on designs that are in line with QA and related procedures
- Design and specification lead for projects utilizing a variety of structural engineering software such as S-Frame, TEDDS, Fastrak Building Designer, and Orion
- Provide expertise to design projects internationally and across offices as needed
- Implement industry standard design and calculation software application
- Produce reports, drawings and specifications
- Represent the discipline and company both at internal and external meetings
- Serve as Manager to other engineers and designers
- Monitor and report progress against time and financial targets
- Observe compliance to design and QA procedures
- Monitor and observe installation works onsite for technical compliance and H&S matters
- Foster and maintain excellent relationship with clients through effective business development activities and project execution
- Assist in preparing technical and commercial bid proposals
The right candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary, benefits package and the opportunity to work for a market leader that offers an array of career progression opportunities.
If you feel your skills meet the requirements of this advertised role(s) and you`d like to be considered for the role(s), apply today!
The Green Solutions Recruitment only advertises a small proportion of its vacancies on this site.
Please take a look at our website (tgs-r. com) or contact us, in confidence, to discuss other opportunities with our experienced sales & recruitment consultants.