Technical Operations Analyst
3 days left
- Full Time
Are you a 'Techie’ and have experience in troubleshooting Broadband, Phone and Mobile services? Would you like to work for one of the UK's fastest growing companies? How about a Company that will pay you up to 12.5% on top of your salary for simply providing great customer service? And how about a Company of around 1,000 staff that believes so strongly in internal progression that most of its Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers (and even two of its Directors) began their careers here as Customer Service Advisors?
Well if you do then you have come to the right place!
What we offer
At Utility Warehouse we offer people stability, career progression and a workplace that still has that family feel which you don’t often see in larger companies.
We also offer a competitive salary of £22,500 (plus an increase upon successfully completing probation), a great bonus structure of up to 12.5% of salary, and a benefits package including 25 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional Christmas Bonus, staff discount and much more!
About the role
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a customer focussed, hardworking and technical individual to join our Technical Operations Team, to resolve second line technical issues regarding the below services:
Landline & Broadband -
- Troubleshoot voice issues relating to making and receiving calls, use of service calling features, and reporting line faults to our network provider for further investigation;
- Troubleshoot data issues affecting service operation such as authentication, connectivity, and service performance along with LAN & WLAN networks;
- Conduct extended testing and troubleshooting along with proactive fault management across our suite of data and voice services (ADSL, CPS, FTTC, MPF, Mobile, NGN, VOIP, WLR), as well as providing increased levels of support on Email, Mobile broadband, and any other supplied equipment or software;
- Good knowledge of operating systems;
- Good understanding on the operation of TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP and DNS protocols;
- Good knowledge of BT Openreach’s infrastructure and how PSTN, ADSL and FTTx services are delivered.
- Troubleshoot issues relating to coverage, mobile data browsing/usage, making and receiving calls, roaming, additional service features;
- Good knowledge of mobile services and the infrastructure (i.e. how 2G, 3G, 4G and LTE, network services are delivered).
- Troubleshoot issues affecting service configuration, operation and performance (QOS).
- Configuration of e-mail clients such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Mac Mail, Windows Mail, Thunderbird and other clients (i.e. Setup of IMAP/POP3 account, configuring and authenticating SMTP server.);
- Analysing email headers to help identify and resolve issues;
- Knowledge of how SPF, DKIM and DMARC records operate;
- Providing guidance and support on our webmail platform.
Your role will include:
- Being the 'go to’ person when providing technical support to our Customers, Partners and our Technical Customer Services department;
- Liaise effectively with our network partners to investigate, raise and manage faults through to resolution;
- Manage complex technical issues through to resolution, keeping customers and key partners fully informed during the process;
- Manage customer complaints and escalations through to resolution;
- Ensure customer records within our CRM platform are regularly and accurately updated providing a full audit trail of all incidents/faults and service requests;
- Take ownership of incidents/faults/service requests through to final resolution and satisfactory conclusion.
An interest in Technology or experience working for a Telecommunications provider in a Technical Support role would be advantageous, but not essential as we will accept applications from people who have experience and knowledge of troubleshooting IT/Networking issues.
Our Technical Operations Team is open between 8am and 8pm from Monday to Friday and 9am to 4:30pm on Saturdays.
If you think this could be you, and that you would enjoy working in a busy but buzzy Techie Team, then you could be right for us and we look forward to receiving your application!
Telecom Plus PLC, trading as Utility Warehouse, the Discount Club, is the UK's only fully integrated provider of a wide range of competitively priced utility services, spanning both the communications and energy markets and our growth is based upon 'word of mouth' recommendations. And grow we do, because we are passionate about delivering excellent customer service and this is a passion we expect from every member of our team.