4 days left
- Full Time
Our client, a leading Retail Business with a large presence both in stores and online are looking for a new Financial Controller in a newly created role reporting to the Finance Director in their Central London Head Office.
- Lead the accounting team of management and financial accountants, manage all department activities to ensure tasks are completed on time, strong internal controls are in place and processes are efficient.
- Oversee the accurate and timely delivery of periodic management accounts for all companies, with clearly defined routines to ensure all income and expenses are reflected in the appropriate account and department, including processing regular accruals.
- Take a lead role in the budget cycles to facilitate the preparation and collation of templates for review with Commercial Finance and FP&A.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory obligations, including VAT returns, and local filings in each market we operate, and support the filing of Statutory Accounts.
- Ensure general ledger, subsidiary ledgers, and other financial records and schedules are accurately maintained for all businesses.
- Deliver key financial control routines, including monthly balance sheet reconciliations, access control reviews, and transactional risk sampling
- Lead a team of 6 accountants
You will need to be a natural leader, able to motivate your team to deliver fantastic results; Enjoy financial and management accounting and can talk in both Debits and Credits and non-Finance speak. You will also need to be a qualified accountant ACA with post qualified experience.