Maternity Risk Matron
3 days left
- Full Time
Internationally renowned for clinical excellence, The Portland Hospital is the only independent hospital in the UK entirely dedicated to women and children. Our inpatient and outpatient specialities reflect this, providing clinical expertise in Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Women`s Health.
The culture at The Portland Hospital is to provide support, an inspiring environment and positive ways of working to ensure everyone has a better day.
The Maternity Matron leading Risk will be responsible for the assessment of clinical and non-clinical risk within the Maternity Services and will ensure that serious incidents are investigated, managed and reported appropriately. The post holder will analyse risk information from maternity and produce trend information to support mitigating action learning from incidents, which have occurred. She /he will support the maternity service to reduce risk and further develop a positive culture of risk management.
The salary range for this role is £49,417 - £55,594 depending on experience.
Working hours 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday (some flexibility required)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Women's Services Manager and Maternity Matron for Clinical Services , Practice Development Midwife, Chief Nursing Officer and members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that risk management is embedded into the maternity culture.
- Be aware of and promote the 10 key responsibilities of the Modern Matron as set in the Modern Matron Charter.
- Develop and manage the implementation of the maternity risk strategy to enable its implementation to agreed timescales ensuring that the program is congruent with issues identified in the course of planning for external assessments and reviews.
- Promote multidisciplinary collaboration in the planning, development and on-going assessment of policies and procedures in maternity to reduce the risk to patients, carers and staff.
- Prepare and implement the maternity risk management policies and procedures ensuring that they are patient focused and regularly reviewed and amended in light of changes, legislative and regulatory requirements. Ensure that they are understood and implemented across the maternity unit, encouraging reporting and fostering a culture where incidents are seen as positive opportunities to learn lessons and improve services.
- Ensure that systems and processes developed enable the maternity service to comply with national guidance, legal and professional requirements and to achieve service excellence.
- Ensure that members of the Clinical Governance Team and maternity staff are kept appraised of contemporary risk management practice.
- Support the integrated Clinical Governance Group in making sure that they are considering appropriate business and taking action as defined in their Terms of Reference.
- Deputise for the Maternity Services Manager as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Registered midwife with at least five years of practical experience in a Healthcare Environment.
- Professional Degree
- Teaching experience (minimum ENB 997/998)
- Ability to grasp the big picture and devote time detail simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills including negotiation/influencing skills.
- Record of implementing improved systems/practice.
- Good written skills including the ability to write concise accurate reports.
- Ability to make presentations.
- IT Skills- Word, Excel, PowerPoint.