Motor Claims Engineer
2 days left
- Full Time
Fantastic opportunity for a Motor Claims Engineer to join an Insurance company based in Ipswich. You will be authorising estimates with a labour cost of up to 30 hours labour using recognised engineering principles to reduce repair costs on behalf of our customers.
The successful candidate will have an IAEA qualification or be happy to work towards it.
• Use role specific systems including in house systems plus Audatex, MIAFTR & GLASSNET
• Engineering of estimates up to 30 labour hours
• Challenging estimate costs with repairers
• Referring to client when over authority levels
• Handling storage and recoveries
• Recording telephone conversations on files for both inbound and outbound calls
• Basic complaints handling
• Escalation of customer issues or complaints to a more senior member of staff if unable to resolve.
• Approving repair invoices for PLG vehicles, LCVs, HGVs and specialist vehicles
? IAEA or otherwise qualified - ATA Panel, Paint, MET, City & Guilds I, II, Full apprenticeship
? Required to work towards IAEA
? Understanding of areas of damage and vehicle types
? Industry knowledge / experience
? Negotiation skills
? Basic complaints handling
? Hands on body shop / industry experience
? Authorises welded panel and multiple panel replacement / significant panel repairs. Suspension and steering component replacement, total losses etc.
? Working towards IAEA (student) or otherwise qualified - ATA, City and Guilds part 2 or NVQ level 3
? Knowledge of relevant legislation - Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS