Credit Risk Manger (Trade Finance)
Credit Risk Manager (Trade Finance)
- Lead, manage and develop Corporate Team in Trade Finance Credit Group.
- Liaise with Credit Department and relevant departments to progress and resolve credit related matters / daily operation.
- Initiate hands-on discussion with Credit Department for individual transactions in Commodity, Corporate Finance and Export Agency Finance area.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to prepare and submit credit applications and obtain the necessary credit approval.
- Contact with customers and relevant interested parties with relationship managers to obtain necessary information for the credit process.
- Initiate credit monitoring for obligors by utilising various sources to detect credit deterioration in line with company policy and procedure.
- Promote discussion and information sharing which will allow Credit Department and other relevant departments to better understand Trade Finance business including commodity business, supply chain type of business, export finance business and conventional trade related business including specific sector and products overview.
- Initiate early warning procedures for existing obligors and conduct work-out process in case of the obligor credit deteriorating.
- Lead and manage the team to promote and develop Trade Finance Business generally from a credit risk management point of view.
- Manage and oversee credit administrative matters including daily operation, coordination with relevant departments and introduction of fit for purpose procedures.
- Lead team members to follow relevant credit procedures to maintain sufficient credit risk control.
- Enhance team members' credit risk analysis capabilities including corporate analysis, trade products analysis and sector analysis.
- Being responsible for management of Corporate Team in Trade Finance Credit Group so that the team can meet all of the requirements under the Bank's credit application and risk management policies and procedures (including due date control, audit results, various key risk indicators etc).
- Being responsible for each team member's development of credit analysis skills and risk management skills.
- Develop and enhance on sustainable credit risk management framework within the Department.
- Enhance due date control including renewal of credit application, credit monitoring, trigger report, condition & instruction, etc.
- Develop a credit portfolio management framework for management information and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Plan and allocate proper resources for credit monitoring and risk management.
- Management of Risk - Ensure all credit files observe risk requirements and credit policy.
- Business and Credit experience for Trade Finance products such as Commodity Finance, Corporate Finance, Account Receivable Purchase, Supplier Finance, Guaranty, FI Trade, Export and Agency Finance, etc.
- Insight into macro/micro economy in countries/financial institutions in the assigned area.
- Management exposure of business group.
- In depth knowledge of emerging markets, commodity markets and trade related businesses.
- Planning and controlling capability in the field of credit risk management.
- Education to degree level or equivalent.
- The incumbent must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal and a high level of attention to detail.
- The candidate must be a hard-worker who enjoys a challenge in adversity.
- Must be enthusiastic for self-development through job/business.
- Must be enthusiastic for trade finance development.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Ability to multi task.
- Ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Strong organisational skills.