Assistant Financial Analyst
The Accounts department is looking to recruit an Assistant Financial Analyst to report into the Residential Financial Controller and to provide direct assistance to specified departments throughout the residential business.
My client is the UK's leading independent real estate consultancy based in Central London.
The role will focus on supporting Department Heads and Office Managers, predominantly with budgeting, forecasting and reporting but also with ad-hoc queries including monthly commentaries.
Some of the main duties within this role will be:
- Pro-actively looking at actuals, budgets and forecasts to understand results and communicate business performance
- Preparing budgets and forecasts with departments and maintaining them throughout the financial year
- Appraising new business opportunities for viability
- Identifying areas of potential performance improvement and working to resolve these
- Monitoring and analysing specific and discretionary cost areas where necessary
- Liaising with HR on staff changes and recruitment, specifically for budgeting and forecasting accuracy.
- You will also be required to attend board meetings with Financial Controllers where required and make regular office and departmental visits to assist the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
Part-qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA or equivalent)
Experience and a background working in Management Accounts
Experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
Experience of SAP and BPC would be preferred but not essential, along with good excel skills
Excellent communication skills are essential within this role, as you will be required to communicate financial data to non-financial staff within the firm
The successful candidate will have the capability to build strong working relationships with the team and the rest of the firm and have the aptitude to learn new systems and grasp situations quickly
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits