Internal Audit Senior Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
UK Digital is a newly regulated entity set up to operate and oversee a large part of Aviva's existing direct to customer digital sales processes, at the very heart of Aviva's strategic anchors: Digital First and True Customer Composite. Overtime it is meant to evolve and develop as a key element of Aviva UK's direct to customer distribution strategy.
Within that, Internal Audit's purpose is to help the Board and executive management to protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of UK Digital by challenging the effectiveness of the framework of controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed. Internal Audit adds value by prompting management to take faster and/or more effective action to improve controls than would otherwise have been taken.
Team and environment:
This role sits within the UK Digital Audit team and is part of an integrated function which operates under the Chief Audit Officer across Aviva's regions / business units (UK, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and Aviva Investors). Internal Audit is a truly global function, a great international community with daily development opportunities. It provides the opportunity to learn how the business works and to perform a variety of challenging and rewarding work including engaging with senior stakeholders and the potential to influence and make a difference.
The role will require some presence in the fast paced, innovative and exciting environment of the London digital garage with some UK travel, but the UK base location is flexible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of risks and controls, be curious, have strong stakeholder relationship skills with the ability to influence management and drive change.
In this position, your duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Leading reviews from end to end.
- Drafting and presenting impactful reports to senior management.
- Reporting to Head of departments and senior management team.
- Following and advising on the guidelines of the audit framework.
- Stakeholder engagement and management.
- Tracking and managing issues.
- Working across the department to support the audit function's initiatives.
Skills & Experience required:
- You will ideally be an experienced auditor, however we welcome candidates with a strong risk and controls background and a desire to influence change in a complex and innovative environment for whom this could be an exciting career development opportunity.
- Auditing skills / strong risk & controls background / ability to identify key business risks
- Understanding of the UK businesses across Aviva
- Understanding and knowledge of Conduct risk
- Financial services experience (insurance / asset management / banking) will also be preferred although this is not essential
- Experience with auditing digital customer interfaces, digital customer journeys a plus
- Curious and analytical mind
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and ability to work across teams
- Strong influencing, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Ability to work independently and to be self driven / demonstrate initiative
- Good planning and organising skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Strong, effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills