Business Development Manager
Our client is one of the world's leading and largest business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events businesses.
The financedivision runs market leading events across the globe, providing customers with unique content, networking opportunities and community interaction. This exciting opportunity has arisen due to exceptional growth within one of the businesses fastest growing teams within the risk and infrastructure sectors.
The Business Development Manager will be required to support sponsorship and exhibition stand revenue generation within this exciting portfolio. They are looking for an experienced, focused and motivated events sales professional with a proven track record of growing accounts and securing new business.
- To exceed agreed revenue targets for each campaign
- Research, identify and close new business
- Identify new market / client segment opportunities and work with the team in the design of winning strategies
- Maximise revenue from new and current/previous sponsors
- To understand your customer's needs and drivers
- To build and maintain strong relationships with C- level decision makers (with a focus on maximising future revenue)
- Ability to strategically plan and prioritise your personal sales approach
- To manage the sale from lead generation to on-site delivery at the event
- Demonstrate ability to build and maintain a healthy pipeline of qualified leads/business
- To actively liaise with other key departments
- Report to BDD on a weekly basis
- Be willing to adopt best business development practices developed by the BDD
Strong spex professional required. You will need to be able to demonstrate outstanding questioning skills, developed from a minimum of 2-3 years of consultative selling to senior decision makers, and in a target driven environment. Large scale infrastructure focused conference sponsorship sales experience is a preference but not a prerequisite.
What the role can do for you:
- Develop your career at a leading event's organiser
- Scope to launch events and manage a team
- Work with the leading brands within the finance division
- Help to develop key account experience
- Develop your sales negotiations and presentation skills
- Work with a truly international client base
- International travelling