Senior Care & Support Worker - Mental Health
Metropolitan have a great role for a full time Senior Care & Support Worker to join our service at Garden Walk, Cambridge.
This location provides support in a group home setting to 10 adults between the ages of 18 - 65 facing challenges with Mental Health.
Within this role you will be required to work 37.5 hours a week across a 7 day rota + 1 sleep in per week.
About the role:
You will be responsible for promoting and encouraging the independence of our customers and ensuring their individual requirements are met as agreed within their support plan. You will work with customers on a 1-1 basis using a personalized and targeted approach. You will also be required to aid and assist customers with general day to day duties, attending appointments and engaging with other community based services and provide overall support customers to maintain their tenancy and increase their skills.
You will have the following skills and experience
- Be a customer focused individual driven to provide the highest levels of support
- You will have prior experience working with adults with Mental Health
- You will have knowledge of varied mental health diagnosis
- You will have knowledge of drug & alcohol abuse
- You will be a creative thinker with strong communication skills
Additionally if you are a car driver please do mention this when submitting your application. Please note this is not an essential requirement for the role.
If you would like to hear more from our recruitment team or submit your application please click on the apply link and upload your CV today!