Special Process Engineer - Welding
6 days left
- Full Time
Our client is a leading manufacturer of aerospace components. They are now recruiting for a Special Process Engineer (Welding) to join their team.
Purpose of Role:
The position of Special Process Engineer - Welding is responsible for the technical ownership of all Fusion & Resistance Welding. This includes responsibility for all aspects of process & machine qualification, approvals/accreditations, engineering support, and Welder & Welding Operator qualification.
The role requires an incumbent able to demonstrate creative, analytical and developmental thinking with a process-focussed approach. You should possess qualifications and experience in aerospace manufacturing.
The incumbent will be able to demonstrate effective communication skills at all levels. You should also exhibit enthusiasm, team cooperation and a positive outlook. A thorough understanding of the technology and manufacturing concepts involved is required, as is the ability to prioritise.
Main purpose of job
- Serve as Welding Process Owner for fusion & resistance welding
- Ensure compliance to Nadcap AC7110 series of requirements and serve as Nadcap WLD Audit Contact
- Define an efficient Welder Qualification Testing matrix/program
- Ensure technical compliance to customer welding specifications and maintain welding customer approvals
- Evaluate processes and implement improvements to drive efficiencies via a shared common-process approach
- Contribute to the company's quality, cost & delivery targets are met
- Create/maintain all documentation, e.g. Data Sheets, WPSs, PQRs, etc.
- Create/Implement problem resolution and development plans to address longstanding production issues
- Support Quality in the closure of NCRs
- Define specific time-based project plans with measureable objectives
- Thoroughly analysis the process / tooling design and definition
- Ensure that 'best practice' engineering and production techniques are used
- Implement continuous improvement activities
- Demonstrate strong root cause analysis and problem solving techniques for Special Processes accreditation audits
- Document the progress of projects & provide regular up-dates to the team
- Undertake special projects as requested
- Degree/HNC/HND qualified
- Demonstrable aerospace experience
- Knowledge of Nadcap requirements (AC7110 series)
- Previous Nadcap audit experience
- Experience with AWS D17.1 & D17.2 preferred
- Experience implementing and maintaining ISO24394
- Familiarity with customer fusion & resistance welding specifications, e.g. RPS150 & RPS184
- Be organised, able to prioritise work effectively, and to work well under pressure
- Problem-solving experience in aerospace special processes preferred
- Additional special processes experience (e.g. heat treatment, chemical processing, desirable