Health & Safety Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Health &Safety Manager
The job holder is responsible for managing the Health, Safety Training Department. This comprises the management of the delivery of Open and Company Sponsored Courses, Lift Truck Services and Safety Advisory and Consultancy services. In particular, the jobholder is responsible for pro-active promotion of the departmental and organisational services through active employer engagement.Integral to the position is the responsibility for organising, planning and controlling all functions, staff and facilities within the department and providing a support role in providing information, advice and guidance to the company in respect of health and safety management systems and practice.
- Undertakes full managerial and financial accountability for the department within agreed parameters including the preparation, monitoring, control and achievement of budgets, business plan objectives and key performance indicators (KPI`s).
- Provides advice, guidance and practical assistance to employers with regard to the interpretation, preparation and implementation of safety training, learning and development and systems, as appropriate to a customer`s company and its industry.
- Leads the design and development of courses and seminars to meet the needs of industry and commerce, recruiting tutors and consultants with the appropriate knowledge, experience and qualifications, to design and deliver progressive and professional training services.
- Generates new and repeat business through ensuring the department maintains a robust approach to account and lead management (e.g. telemarketing, product promotions, proposal response times, relevance of proposals, lead management, conversion and evaluation of delivery).
- Ensures resources are utilised appropriately to meet the departmental business objectives and defined parameters (quality outputs, role outputs, chargeable hours, budgeted costs). Develops and implement plans to achieve employer engagement and departmental measurable objectives as defined in the Business Plan and Departmental promotional activities plan.
- Ensures high quality proposals are produced in response to employer needs ensuring clarity of content and relevance to the required deliverable outcomes and performance impact objectives.
- Manages timely business lead management activities, to promote the timely conversion of proposals to actual business.
- Monitors integrity of departmental data on relevant databases, and promotes staff compliance with the company systems to facilitate monthly data analysis, regarding employer engagement and service delivery KPI`s.
- Takes full responsibility for all accredited programmes (i.e. IOSH, NEBOSH, ITSSAR), in ensuring compliance with external award body requirements, registration and certifications, resource allocation and maintaining the quality of the course delivery.
Previous relevant experience