5 days left
- Full Time
Service Manager for a permanent position in Central London working for a leading Charity
You will be working with an established team in a vibrant, modern, open plan office.
The Service Manager is a member of the IT Service Management team that manages the relationship with the primary IT service provider for the Society, and is responsible for ensuring that the delivery of the IT service by all IT suppliers meets the needs of the business and is provided in accordance with the agreed Service Level Agreements.
The Service Manager work closely with service providers on operational issues that impact Service Delivery and will develop close working relationships individuals within service provider organisations, other members of the IS team and the business units. They will communicate regularly with these groups on all aspects of service delivery and will be proactive in ensuring the service continually meets or exceeds the needs of the business.
- Work with IT service providers to ensure operational delivery of the service through effective incident resolution and problem management
- Act as key escalation point for an operational service issues, working with the service provider and user to ensure issues are resolved quickly and to the satisfaction of the user
- Work with IT service providers to undertake continual service improvement, identifying specific operational or process issues and working with the providers to rectify / improve these and in so doing improving the delivery of the service to end users
- Act as the interface to business, co-ordinating activity between IT Service providers and internal applications team that address service incidents, changes etc and ensuring the business understand the impact on services and their responsibilities
- Actively communicate with business functions and IS colleagues about all aspects of the IT service, advising on service delivery issues, planned new services, projects, transformation activities and seeking feedback through various channels on delivery of IT services
- Continually review services and identify activities that will help reduce costs.
- Where required, act as project manager for specific service management projects and liaise with PMO to ensure the required methodology and process is applied to management of the project.
- May be required to be on call as part of the service management on rota.
- Undertake formal service reviews with IT suppliers, reviewing supplier performance against contracted service and agreeing on actions to rectify or improve service.
- As required, work with I S programmes and projects to support the design and implementation of new services through plan, design, build, transition and into operational service.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong Experience contributing to the delivery of IS solutions in support of functional plans.
- Strong Experience in developing and maintaining best practice service management models, preferably designed using the ITIL framework
- Substantial IT Service Management experience within an organisation with 2000 + users
- Understanding of basic principles of core business applications
- Proven experience of working with project management methodologies preferably PRINCE 2.
- Understanding of desktop management best practice and management tools, patch cycles, AV updates and application liciencing.
- Experience of using Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets, electronic mail and the internet.
- Broad knowledge of IS discipline specific technology issues
- Recent experience of working with external IT service providers in the delivery of a contracted service
- ITIL V3 intermediate level in Service Operation
- Experience of call management systems and report writing packages.
Due to the volume of applications received for positions it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation.