Senior Care & Support Worker
Are you an experienced Care and Support Worker ready to move into a senior role?
Do you have experience working with Mental Health patients helping further their independence?
If so we have an exciting new opportunity for you to join the Metropolitan Housing team!
We are now seeking an experienced Care and Support Worker to work at our Cambridge Road accommodation providing care for those with mental health support needs.
The cluster comprises twelve sites ranging from self-contained houses or bedsits to shared houses with single bedrooms and shared communal facilities.
This is a permanent position working 37.5 hours per week on a 7 day rota basis + sleep ins.
You will be required to do the following duties:
- Develop, update and deliver care and support plans and risk assessments in line with policy.
- Encourage and support customers to establish and maintain positive relationships with their family and friends and engage in activities which help them to achieve their personal goals.
- Provide support and practical assistance to customers around benefits, budgeting, paying bills and accessing appropriate services, including some housing management.
- Ensure all necessary records are accurate and up to date.
- Prompt, administer, enable and monitor customers in taking prescribed medication as recorded in care & support plans, recording as appropriate.
You will need the following skills and experiences for this role:
- Experience of providing care and support for adults with mental health problems
- Understanding of the needs of vulnerable people
- Knowledge of health & safety issues relating to care and support
- Ability to undertake moving and handling tasks (including pushing of wheelchairs)
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care related subject area or equivalent, or a willingness to undertake Diploma training
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system is desirable but not essential
If you have passion to work in care and support, you are able to demonstrate compassion, caring and understanding and are looking for a job where no two days are the same, this job could be for you! Apply now by submitting your CV on the link