Training Manager with a flair for event planning 6-month contract
3 days left
- Full Time
Battersea Healthcare is a GP practice-owned community interest company set up to provide quality healthcare for the people living in Wandsworth. It was set up in April 2010, and provides healthcare for all Wandsworth patients.
It is a not-for-profit organisation which aims to bring the healthcare services for patients closer to home. This is achieved through a network of partnering organisations that make those services available across Battersea and Wandsworth.
The services we provide are commissioned by Wandsworth Clinical Commissioning Group, and so are available to all patients registered with GP practices in Wandsworth.
We are looking for someone to join our small yet diverse team. Must have an enthusiasm for event planning and education.
You will be responsible for ensuring the training department delivers its aims and objectives. The role responds to the on-going needs of the workforce in the Wandsworth Borough where a responsive and flexible approach is required.
The role will involve working with the Wandsworth CCG, CEPN’s (Community Education Providers Network) , HESL(Health Education South London) and the Wandsworth GP Practices.
The role will also involve the organisation of training events, meetings and activities, which should be attended.
CRITERIA ESSENTIAL (unless marked as desirable (d))
· Educated to GCSE level or equivalent experience
· Computer literate
· Evidence of further education (d)
· Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills that enable work with people at all levels. Able to work across teams, creating proactive working relationships
· Able to understand and communicate organisational values and mission
through the work of the Training team e.g. procedures, approach and culture
· Experience in event planning
· Experience in a similar role (d)
· Knowledge of Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Outlook) (d)
Skills & Knowledge
· Excellent organisational and time management skills
· To have the ability to remain calm when working under pressure and work without close supervision.
· Excellent keyboard and accuracy skills with regard to data entry
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to display leadership skills
· Able to problem solve
· Excel skills
· IT skills
· Multi-tasking Skills
· Evidence of achieving personal goals (d)
· Committed to the provision of quality services
· Enjoy being a part of team
· A flexible, positive attitude to performing a wide range of duties
· Willing to develop/learn in the role.
· Fit to undertake the duties of the post.
· Ability to be flexible with regard to working hours
Flexi hours up to 25 per week plus occasional evenings where events require.