Nursery Kitchen Assistant
We are currently looking for a Kitchen Assistant to join the team at one of our Toad Hall nurseries.
Our staff are our biggest asset at Toad Hall and we are keen to improve, develop and grow our amazing team. We are currently recruiting for a variety of roles across the group, as it takes a lot of people, with different skills and experiences to provide high quality childcare. Our vacancies page has an up to date list of all job roles and their locations.
Our strong staff team work hard to ensure that the best care is given to the children, as well as ensuring that fun is had by all. This means that our catering staff are as equally important as our teaching staff. Ideally, you will have experience working in a kitchen environment and respond to instruction and direction well.
About the role
You will be supervised by and assist one of our Nursery Chefs in the day-to-day catering at the Toad Hall nursery. Your main role will be providing children with balanced and nutritious meals. In order to complete the task, you will; maintain standards in the kitchen at all times (observing cleanliness and hygiene) and support the Chef in the preparation of meals.
Your day-to- day tasks would include:
- Help the cook to prepare meals for the children.
- Maintain health and safety standards in the kitchen.
You will need:
- Experience of working in a kitchen.
- To be a hard worker.
- To be a team player.
- To be organised.
- Knowledge and experience of working in the childcare sector and of health and safety standards is desirable.
- A qualification is basic food hygiene would be an advantage, but full training will be provided.
In return we provide:
- Free uniform.
- Competitive salary package, including pension and occupational sick pay.
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service.
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers through Toad Hall Rewards.
- Generous staff discount on childcare places and discount for one family member too!
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
Toad Hall Nursery Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants invited to interview will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and complete a suitability declaration. Successful applicants will also be required to have an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and where appropriate, provide a certificate of good conduct before starting work with Toad Hall.
Salary is based on age 25+ (NLW)