Business Development Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Business Development Manager (Aviation) Surrey £35 - 40k plus bonus
This leading Aviation company serves clients across the globe, in all aspects of aircraft charter, leasing, flight management, aircraft seat sales and refurbishment. From scheduled fleet support and emergency response, to executive and group travel, we provide comprehensive solutions through our global resources, delivering flight operations of the highest standard on behalf of our clients and airline partners.
Business Development Manager - Purpose of the Job:
- The Business Development Manager - Charter Sales is responsible for managing and co-ordinating all business development and marketing activity within the Charter Department.
- To be the new business "Hunter" researching, winning and developing key new charter clients.
- To market the company services to existing and new prospect customers.
- To manage your own business development in addition to providing support for all broking team members.
- Comprehensive current market research and knowledge and deep understanding of the needs of potential and existing customers.
Business Development Manager - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Taking the lead in marketing and business development to existing and new prospect customers including telephone and e-marketing.
- Creating and maintaining the department business development plan, carrying out independent research of new potential charter clients and directing the team to develop new areas.
- Managing Client relationship team (3 staff) and Marketing team (1-2 Staff).
- Coordinating all brokers' business development activity to ensure targets are being met and ensuring leads are continually developed and managed.
- Responsibility for leading and reporting on all charter division e-marketing, web, social media, PR & events.
- Responsible for budget planning and monitoring department business development and marketing spend against budget.
- Ensuring a consistent first class customer service experience is delivered to all customers.
- To be responsible for checking quality and accuracy of all documentation produced by the team.
- Updating our bespoke Customer Relationship Management database by contacting companies and updating contacts and accounts in the system to ensure our e-marketing reaches the right people.
- To continue to develop your knowledge of the aviation industry and commercial agility.
Business Development Manager - Accountabilities:
- Work towards agreed, measurable performance targets and standards.
- Ensuring all team members are achieving their business development targets.
- Represent the company in a highly professional and competent manner and exercising a reasonable commercial judgement.
- Maintain strict company and client confidentiality at all times.
Business Development Manager - Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- A minimum of 3-4 years' experience in B2B sales, business development & team management
- Solid understanding of the travel industry, potential charter prospects and the dynamics for large national and international corporations
- Highly target driven individual, motivated to 'Win' business
- Superior time management skills to ensure rigorous deadlines are met
- Entrepreneurial spirit & the ability to work in a highly flexible, rapidly changing work environment
- A high achiever and goal setter with excellent team management skills
- Commercial awareness, personal gravitas and credibility
- Customer focused with first rate people skills
- Knowledge of WordPress, social media, PPC & SEO marketing areas
- Good written and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills with a knowledge of Microsoft Word, XL and Outlook and the ability to learn and develop the functionality of a new system
- Able to prioritise work, while having a flexible approach within a team environment
- Precise and accurate data entry, with an attention to detail
- Smart/professional appearance
- A motivated and proactive approach to work
Please send your CV to
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk