My client is looking for a Management Accountant to work as part of a team to deliver professional, efficient & accurate business reporting to the management teams. The role will focus on support for the Digital departments and requires a proactive and commercially focused individual.
My client is one of the world's largest publishers of monthly magazines.
- To produce monthly financial and statistical reporting for specified digital revenue and cost streams to strict deadlines, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information.
- To provide and take ownership of financial reporting to support commercial decision making by the Digital and Financial Planning & Analysis teams. This includes statistical reporting around audience and product analysis.
- Review and delivery of monthly management information for review with the Finance Manager Critically analyse position and communicate any additional risks to the presented figures.
- To work with the Digital teams to ensure cost and revenue recognition is appropriately treated. Review expected revenue and spend and compare to actual to identify accruals where required and/or potential errors or miscoding.
- To liaise with digital advertising teams in order to develop ways of accurately recording data from new revenue streams onto the sales systems and how this is captured within the accounting system and month end reporting.
- To liaise with the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable teams to ensure revenue and costs are correctly entered and allocated.
- To use sound judgement to estimate month end accruals/prepayments, gather supporting information and post appropriate journals.
- To reconcile relevant balance sheet accounts after each month end and prepare these reconciliations monthly to auditable standards including variances YOY, MOM and ageing.
- To proactively identify inefficiencies in all processes, communicating impacts and proposing solutions by presenting recommendations for improvements, including but not limited to, proposing solutions to automate and improve processes where possible, always retaining standardisation across the business.
Part-Qualified Management Accountant
Strong MS Excel skills
Ability to organise and then critically analyse large amount of data
Comfortable with change, demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in change initiatives
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to express oneself effectively in groups, or one to one either formally or informally
- Developed questioning skills and comfortable dealing with people from all levels
- Fast learner with the ability to pick up new concepts quickly and able to work within a fast paced business
- Oracle Hyperion experience
£35,000 - £40,000 + benefits