Senior Conference Producer
Our client is one of the world's leading knowledge providers. They create and deliver highly specialised information through publishing, events, training, market intelligence and expertise, providing valuable knowledge to individuals, businesses and organisations worldwide.
The organisation has a number of divisions, one of which operates within the telecoms and media sector and has the highest revenue of the wider divisions' portfolios and houses 5 of the division's top 25 events. This role is responsible for creating exceptional products and world class events that are at the heart of their industry, as well as the delivery of an exceptional audience both onsite at the events and subscribed to their digital platforms.
The portfolio is the leader in the industry delivering products on a global platform with events based across the world. With the evolution of this portfolio's markets, it is essential that the ideal candidate is hungry to drive new initiatives and changes.
Their conference business is going through a period of dynamic and exciting change as they transition from a traditional conference company to one that is leading the way in how they deliver events and information to their markets. If you enjoy a traditional, old style conference company then this is really not the role for you.
This is a unique opportunity to not only work in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial business but also to be a part of the largest conference company in the world.Key responsiblities:
- Market analysis and identifying topic and commercial opportunities
- Working closely with the high performing sales team to deliver growing sponsorship & exhibition sales
- Working closely with the marketing and delegates sales teams to maximise delegate revenue
- The development of multi-streamed conference agendas and securing senior management speakers
- Developing contacts with service providers, industry suppliers, and others key industry players, including attending major industry events
- Finding and developing new event formats & identify new revenue streams
- Contributing to content-led promotion, including video and social media
- International travel for both business development and to run their own events
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in commercial conferences and be interested in working as part of a large, rapidly evolving event portfolio. Knowledge of the telecoms sector is not essential. Ideally they will have:
At least 2 years' experience successfully creating and producing 4-5 annual events within a fast paced commercial conference company
- Be a 'product first' person who understands what it takes to make exceptional events happen
- Experience of multi-stream and large scale events with significant sponsorship revenues