Business Development Manager
We’re seeking an ambitious, bright, and self-driven individual to join our new sales team as part of our UK expansion. Your main objective will be to help source and research new sales leads, while also managing incoming leads for our UK business development team.
As one of the first to join the UK team, you will be instrumental in building out the pipeline and developing the team strategy. You will need to understand ideal customer profiles, how to identify sources of leads, and how to gather the right information to effectively pitch and qualify a lead. We are looking for a candidate who can wear many hats and who is interested in gaining valuable sales experience in a fast growing environment.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Qualifying incoming leads for size, use case, and quality
- Researching and building new and existing accounts (i.e. adding contacts, prospects, leads) to build our sales pipeline
- Building lists of potential target companies within the UK market, determining key decision makers to pass to our business dev. team to target
- Working with our Outbound Lead Generation team to suggest new markets and industries for outreach
- Keeping Universe’s management informed by maintaining accurate records within Salesforce.com
- Ensuring data-consistency and quality
- Finding sources of new leads
- Working closely with the Marketing and Sales teams in the U.S.
- Travelling to other Universe offices may be required.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Recent university graduate
- Strong understanding of technology as well as how to efficiently use it
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strategies for searching for leads, passionate about research
- Experience with Salesforce, Yesware, Pardot, and other sales software systems a plus
- Previous sales experience a plus!
- Fluent in a Nordic language, German or Spanish a plus
- Deadline-driven, detail-orientated, self-starter
- Highly motivated, resourceful, and results-orientated to achieve goals
- Excellent social skills; friendly and outgoing, not afraid to connect with new people
- Able to multi-task with ease
- Passionate about the live event space
Are you passionate about live events and have what it takes to help launch our UK sales team?
At Universe, our mission is simple: Bring people together in real life through events. Founded in Toronto in 2011, we've built a platform for people to discover and create events all over the world. Together, we've built a community of over 31,000 event organizers and hundreds of thousands of fans that are the heart of our company. In 2015, Universe got acquired by Live Nation Entertainment and is continuing its fast growth.
Ticketmaster, part of Live Nation Entertainment is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of four core business areas: Concerts, Ticketing, Artist Nation and Sponsorship & Advertising. Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show.
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
All roles at Live Nation Entertainment are subject to full background screening.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Closing date: 3/2/2017