Director of Development, Front Office Analytics
7 days left
- Full Time
Rare opportunity to spear-head a brand new London Analytics business!
Global Fund Manager seeks Director of Front Office Analytics to head up their London office. Opportunity to work within the ETF and Index Investing Group; and be part of one the world's most comprehensive family of exchanged traded products. Looking for a self-motivated people focused leader to spear-head the London team. Job Purpose/Background: This role will specifically focus on building and leading the new London based Analytics team. Will be responsible for architecting and developing advanced analytical tools, many of them real-time, specifically designed to give external clients a leading edge. Business stakeholder management will be key for success in this role.
Product Examples the EII Analytics team:
- Real Time Valuation of Corporate Bonds, leveraging miscellaneous data sources with millions of data points, for 30K bonds in parallel.
- Complex Event Processing tools to evaluate the effectiveness of our ETFs in real-time, measuring over 500K rules per second, across 2K+ listings.
- Detailed ETF Pre-Trade analytics to guide client trading decisions
- Hire, Build & Manage small team of high performing front and backend developers
- Architect and Build Analytical tools in support of our Capital Markets and Product Research & Development teams.
- Lead the team's Agile Iteration/ Scrum Sprint Management
- Coordinate with team leads in other in a multi-office, multi-country environment - SF, NY, London and Budapest.
- Key stakeholder/Client relationship management
- Continuous communication of technology decisions, issues and plans to senior team members
- Deliver high level of client service through responsiveness and accuracy
- Experience of Agile Iteration /Scrum Sprint development processes, from project inception, product delivery and on-going enhancement.
- Direct line management responsibilities of small teams
- Database experience (SQL, stored procedures, and data modeling).
- Experience with Open Source tools (Apache, JBoss, Tomcat, Hibernate, Ant, Ivy, Spring, JUnit, JBPM, etc.)
- UNIX experience (Shell, Perl, Python)
- Experience with Kafka, Kafka Streams, Spark, OneTick and SAP's ESP a strong plus
- Financial knowledge and interest strongly recommended
- Strong teamwork, communication skills and time management abilities a must
Paying upto £130k - get in touch! or