Design Museum - Finance Manager
£40,000 - £45,000
The Design Museum is the world's leading museum devoted to contemporary design in every form from architecture and fashion to graphics, product and industrial design.
This is an exciting time in the museum’s life as it opens its doors at its new home in Kensington. The building has expanded by three times to provide it with the space it needs to fulfil its ambition to become one of the world’s leading museums for contemporary design and architecture. At the end of the capital project, the museum is looking forward to the next challenge, involving the upscaling of the museum and doubling of budgets and financial targets.
The finance and operations functions at the Design Museum are crucial to its success at Kensington as they will help to achieve one of its four strategic objectives; to ensure the museum has a sustainable and efficient operational model. They underpin the museum’s vision, aims and strategic plan.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Finance Manager to join at the most exciting time in the museum’s history and to play a critical role in the continued growth and success of the museum.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing clear communication and in-depth support by building and maintaining excellent relationships with the business and ensuring budget holders are supported on all financial issues;
- Being responsible for the Business Partnering team's delivery of monthly management accounting and other reporting of initiatives and programmes;
- Leading KPI reporting and analysis and identifying commercial opportunities;
- Supporting the organisation with planning and forecasting throughout the annual budgeting process, and be confident in your ability to critically evaluate their assumptions to ensure that a robust and realistic budget is set in line with the museum's financial objectives;
- Managing and supporting the development of the Management Accountant.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA) from an Audit background, Charity, Commercial or wider Public Sector. You will be analytically-minded with excellent organisational and project management skills. We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, flexible in approach but firm when necessary, who can work on their own initiative and thrives when thinking and acting proactively. You be able to communicate complex financial information to stakeholders (including senior professionals from Private Equity and associated industries) and possess the ability to influence and build rapport with a range of finance and non-finance persons across the organisation. Enthusiasm for the sector is a must.