Broadcast Journalist - Arabic Language
We are a news and current affairs station based in London, broadcasting in the Arabic language to the Middle East and North Africa.
We are seeking a Broadcast Journalist be able to host news events, appear on, or host events, work from the field, report or interview in the studio.
As a Presenter, the person will be comfortable performing on screen and possess a range of language, journalistic and technical skills, and be familiar with Producer Guidelines.
To present or co-present strands and sections of output in TV, which may include reading from an autocue, interviewing guests and working with studio audiences.
- Meeting with the production team to go through the running order, being briefed by researchers, or preparing your own scripts, links and interview questions ,rehearsing
- Presentable appearance, articulate speech patterns and the ability to create a persona that resonates with audiences
- Participates in regular editorial meetings and keeps abreast of Arab and world current affairs.
- To meet strategic and specific objectives, set for the individual, the team, and the department, aimed at developing and improving the quality of our journalism, particularly in terms of the understanding and interest communicated to diverse audiences.
- To be aware of and to follow our editorial policy and guidelines, particularly those concerning political coverage.
Sound editorial judgement and proven knowledge of the Arab world affairs and stories.
- A good broadcasting voice and on-screen presence are essential.
- Strong knowledge of News & Current Affairs
- Fluency in both written and spoken Arabic (as first or equivalent language) and the ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Extensive experience of daily journalism, preferably on TV, with a track record of story-breaking political journalism.
- Methodical approach to work
- Ability to work without supervision
Salary: £28,000 p.a. 40 Hours Per week Central London Location
Closing date for applications: 3rd March 2017