Emerging Markets Controller
The main objective of the role is to work with overseas subsidiaries to improve profitability by ensuring sound business controls and good operational practices are in place. The role will be working as part of a small finance/control team supporting the overseas business, and will have also involved extensive interaction with other parts of the Group. The role will include travel to emerging markets areas.
- Work with overseas subsidiaries to ensure a high level of operational, reporting and financial control exists
- Manage the monthly management reporting process for the Cocoa Division, to provide insightful analysis of company and division results, risks and KPIs
- Assist subsidiaries with tax planning and cash management
- Undertake risk management for given subsidiaries
- Support production of budgets, business plans and capital expenditure for subsidiaries and Division
- Work closely with subsidiaries to optimise systems and help execute a planned major systems change
To apply for this role you should be a qualified accountant/CPA/equivalent, with a couple years post qualified experience, ideally in a multinational environment. Saying that candidates from professional services with relevant experience would also be suitable. Experience of emerging markets or in agriculture, commodities or trading is a plus, along with experience of multi-currency systems. Any language skills (French and Spanish) would be an advantage but is not essential.