3 days left
- Full Time
Contract: Full time
Salary: £30K per annum
Purpose of Position
To work closely with key stakeholders to develop, plan and execute a portfolio of motoring related events
Duties of the Events Specialist
- Work closely on an ongoing basis with key stakeholders across boundless to ensure the sharing of ideas and the collaborative development of plans in parallel within the overall requirements of the boundless brand
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across the motoring, PR and events industry to identify opportunities, generate new concepts and develop existing products
- To persuade internal and external stakeholders to adopt new concepts and new approaches to ways of working within events and activities
- Providing expert advice on motoring related activities to other departments if required
- Pre event setup responsibilities including, but not limited to: venue selection, event flow, guest registration, accommodation and travel bookings, staffing, identifying potential talent, content creation, input into event calendar, updating project timelines and post event follow-up
- Onsite hosting and management of events to ensure the smooth running of planned activity. This may require weekend, evenings or unsocial hours. On-site duties include ensuring proper set-up and signage, registration coordination, AV testing, talent management, time management, hosting, ensuring RAMs is adhered to.
- Ensuring each event achieves specific outcomes such as attendance levels, level of attendee engagement, revenue and attendee satisfaction
- Understanding the target market, the proposition team’s requirements and company objectives to generate innovative ideas for new events.
- Liaising with external suppliers to ensure events are managed and delivered successfully within a set budget
- Understanding the requirements of risk assessments, outsourcing agreements and contracts. Working with the Event Manager to ensure all required RAMS are in place
- To provide information to the Event Manager in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on events and their progress towards commercial objectives
- To provide support to the Event Manager in managing specific budgets including tracking of spend, forecasting and financial performance of events.
- Undertake such other duties as may reasonably be required of them
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure the successful marketing and branding of events. Maximising use of both internal and external marketing channels in order to achieve commercial objectives
- Create post event editorial content to maximise promotion of future events
Required skills of the Events Specialist
- A bachelor's degree either in public relations, communication, business management, administration, marketing, sales, or hospitality industry.
- Relevant work experience in planning of small events, handling administrative work, management of events, volunteering work, would be an added advantage.
- Enthusiastic, positive and full of energy right from inception to completion.
- Strong interpersonal and communicating skills are essential both digitally, over the telephone and face to face.
- Excellent planning, time management, organization, and presentation skills
- Independent and motivated team player
- Ability to problem solve in high pressure situations
- Event specialists enjoy the freedom of working with flexible schedules, but which also means that they may be required to work at odd hours in the early mornings, late evenings, nights, or even on public holidays and weekends. They may be required to travel at times.
We endeavour to reply to all applications; however, if you haven’t heard from us within 14 days, you have been unsuccessful with this particular role.
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace. We welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent.