Financial Modelling Internship - Corporate Finance - Central London
2 days left
- Full Time
A FCA regulated independent corporate finance business specialising in advisory services to the private sector across mergers, acquisitions, and private equity transactions. The company has broad experience across multiple industry sectors such as fintech, mobile technology, energy, leisure and gaming.
This is a 3 month internship paying £20k pro rata with a view to convert to a permanent job.
How you can expect to spend your day:
You will join the business as a financial analyst intern, assisting with the development and production of a range of financial models which will form a key part in the company’s strategy and decision making. This is a great entry level internship for a recent graduate looking to gain commercial work experience in the technical side of corporate finance.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
- You will be trained to use Bloomberg terminal.
- Develop a clear understanding of the company’s client base, types of advisory service and target markets.
- Use industry standard tools like Bloomberg terminal to source private equity data on investment opportunities typically from the fintech, technology and leisure industries.
- Translate a set of hypotheses about the behaviour of markets into numerical predictions e.g. a company’s decision to invest a percentage of assets into a given stock will give an investment return of X percentage.
- Ensure the team are provided with high quality strategic advice and direction on financial strategy through effective modelling of business valuations, scenario planning, management decision making, mergers and acquisitions etc.
- Produce robust financial models as directed by the managing director to identify both the risk and opportunity for a given investment opportunity.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications:
- Educated to degree level.
- Excellent grammar and writing.
- Someone looking to develop a successful career in the finance sector, ideally on the more technical or business analyst side.
- A high level of numerical reasoning.
- Strong Excel skills e.g. macros, pivot tables, V lookups etc.
- Comfortable sourcing and working with large data sets.
- Happy working in a small team which is growing well and open to changing direction as work requires.
- A positive attitude to work and someone eager to develop a range of new skills in this sector.
- A high attention to detail.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- This is a great internship for any recent graduate with an analytical skill set, who likes working with data and wants to gain commercial work experience in the corporate finance sector.
- You will be given greater responsibility by joining a smaller company rather than by joining a larger firm which will fast track your professional work experience.