Big Data Engineer, Java, Scala, Spark, Hadoop
Big Data Engineer, Java, Scala, Spark, Hadoop, London
Big Data is at the center of our client’s unique search platform. They process over 16Million searches per month. Managing and expanding this data requires a team obsessed with performance and solving complex problems at huge scale - making tradeoffs between complexity and efficiency.
From cleansing and optimizing incoming search data, to providing rapid insights they are extending their team to ensure they grow their platform with rapid commercial growth. Candidates will work closely with the London based team as well as with remote teams across Europe.
- Contribute to the ongoing expansion of our big data search intelligence system
- Own modular components from new features to maintenance and scale
- Participate in planning and Scrum process with one of their functionally focused Pod teams
- Build within a test driven development environment to ensure production code is robust
- Min 2 years working with big data in Java or Scala
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop or Impala will be considered a huge benefit
- Willingness to learn and use functional programming practices
- Focus on rapid development through iteration over long oversized projects
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile work environment
- Self-starter who can own functional components
- A degree in Computer Science or an analytical subject would be preferable
- Good teamwork skills
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.