Engagement Manager - Top Bespoke Sales Training Brand
- Top bespoke sales training brand
- Competitive salary
- Well established business with £10m+ turnover
- Working with blue chip clients such as Cisco, RBS, Vauxhall etc.
Our client provides bespoke training programmes that aim to improve their clients’ business performance in sales, marketing and service. They are a well-established name, founded in 1997, with a turnover of £10m+ and a long list of Blue Chip clients.
Our client is currently recruiting for an Engagement manager to join their growing UK delivery team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Project or Engagement manager looking to develop their career within the training space.
The Engagement Manager plays a central role in our client engagements, ensuring we embed the training and make the learning stick. They get under the skin of clients, building stakeholder relationships, driving the change aspects, ensuring faultless project execution, maintaining accurate revenue forecasts (avoiding slippage), measuring impact and generating insights.
The outcomes of the role include:
- All key client stakeholders actively managed;
- Be recognised as a change expert by clients, creating and managing all projects using a defined framework which you will be trained in;
- All projects managed to time, budget, resources (including internal costs) and pipeline forecast, ensuring a high quality delivery and delighted clients;
- All projects managed to agreed objectives / measures, creating insights and case studies;
- Fuel account growth by identifying new opportunities;
The role begins with pre-sale, providing expertise in proposal stage and a single point of contact within an engagement. You will work with clients and the Client Directors, Development Consultants, Client Support and other departments to form and manage the appropriate teams (client and internal) required to successfully complete the agreed interventions. There are 3 levels of Engagement Manager, based on skills and experience: Senior Engagement Manager, Engagement Manager and Junior Engagement Manager. The Junior Engagement Managers may support the Engagement or Senior Engagement Managers in larger, more complex projects as well as managing medium complexity engagements. The more senior levels will mentor and coach the Junior Engagement Managers on an account basis where appropriate.
Whilst the roles will be varied, key activities will include:
- Building key senior stakeholder relationships within the account (including HR, L&D and functional business heads) and managing stakeholder motivations and alignment;
- Supporting the Client Directors to scope out projects and create Statements of Work;
- Providing change management advice to the client; change managing the engagement to maintain momentum and ensure impact (with senior support where required);
- Responsible for delivering (and/or supporting) billed elements of our Capability Building® System, dependant on role level e.g. project management services, steering group facilitation; scoping and visioning sessions and change management consultancy;
- Project managing the full implementation (including pragmatic planning & implementation of the engagement) in a proactive and engaged manner ensuring quality delivery;
- Identifying and managing risks, working with key stakeholders to mitigate impact and escalating in a timely manner as required;
- Negotiating faculty rates and assigning lead faculty (senior levels only);
- Maintaining accurate pipeline post-win; accountable for revenue delivered vs. budget, seeking to influence activities within the programme so that desirable margins are achieved (with senior support where required). Feeding back to the Client Director and Exec sponsor where changes against forecast occur;
- Driving insight from all client engagements (using Client Impact data);
- Identifying opportunities and supporting the Client Director in converting them;
- Teaming up with a Development Consultant and providing first-line capacity management for them, ensuring that the team’s capacity is best used;
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of building and maintaining senior client relationships (up to CxO level);
- Track record of consulting with clients in a sales, marketing or service environment;
- Change consulting experience with excellent business skills and commercial awareness;
- Expert in managing the commercial implications of the learning and development (L&D) activities within a client engagement and proactively managing with this focus;
- Effective project / programme management skills with a track record of managing resources, project revenues and maintaining accurate forecasts (ideally in the end to end delivery of L&D people development projects for client groups);
- A high degree of detail-orientation and efficiency;
- A talent for analysing data to draw out meaningful insights;
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines, keeping the team focused and motivated;
- Ideally be experienced of working in an International environment with different cultures;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written English) and strong interpersonal skills;
- Expert level MS Office skills (Including MS Word and Excel);
- Graduate calibre or above;