7 days left
- Full Time
We have an exciting opportunity to join our IT Strategy and Architecture team working on Security, Technical upgrades, simplification and rationalisation of applications, based at our Head office in Guildford. The role focuses on applications from across the entire business with particular focus Security, Technical upgrades, Information Lifecycle Management (ILM) and Data Archiving.
Within Allianz, Solution Architects work closely with the business and IT development teams to provide solution design, technical support and advice for systems development work.
Allianz also has a strong Enterprise Architecture practice which oversees the corporate wide development process.
* Interpret and assess business requirements and act as an interface with other divisions as necessary to facilitate a design that realises business value, whilst enabling an overall systems strategy.
* To liaise with business users, enterprise architects, technical architects, developers and testers throughout the full lifecycle of an application.
* Investigate, critically analyse and wherever possible improve IT solutions value to the business trading areas over the long term.
* Undertake feasibility studies and provide business case weighted Solution Options.
* Guide and direct business customers with the introduction of new ideas.
* Provide project managers with the appropriate technical support and advice throughout the project lifecycle.
* Provide estimates and help determine plans highlighting dependencies and contentions to arrive at achievable schedules.
* To be responsible for the technical assessment of applications and identify suitable application decommission opportunities and data archiving candidates.
* Represent the team in all technical governance meetings (e.g. Architecture Design authorities).
* Produce technical documentation for projects within the team (e.g SADs)
Skills and experience:
* J2EE & EJB
* Oracle, Services Architecture
* Messaging with WebSphere
* Message Broker (or IIB)
* Sparx EA
* Rational Software Architect or equivalent
* UML and Domain Modelling
* Recognised technical certification in relevant technology preferred e.g. Sun Certified Programmer
* Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate
* Recognised IT architect certification preferred e.g. TOGAF.
* Direct and Intermediated models or Financial Services experience.
* Development Tools: Quality Centre, Continuous Integration.
* Technologies: Natural, ADABAS, VB6/ASP, COM, PL:/SQL, Spring.
* Project Planning: Iterative, Waterfall, Agile.
* An enthusiasm for providing the best outcome for the Customer with improved business value at the right cost.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and able to communicate at all levels, technical and business.
* Self-sufficient but also a team player who is quick to build effective working relationships and lead within the team where appropriate.
* Strong logical analytical thinking.
* Able to effectively challenge, negotiate and influence
* Proactive with an organised and methodical approach, operating with pace, enthusiasm and creativity.
* Strong Leadership skills with experience of coaching other members of staff.
* Able to influence senior business stakeholders and other IT professionals at all levels.