Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
6 days left
- Full Time
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer - West Sussex - £33-39000pa plus great company benefits.
Our West Sussex based client is a leader in the design and manufacture of high cost, low volume capital equipment.
As the SQA Engineer, you will work with customers and internal functions to resolve quality issues across a range of engineering technologies. The successful applicant should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be proficient in working with a number of computer IT systems.
This is a technical and quality engineering role to support the optimisation of supplier quality. The role involves all stages of the product lifecycle, using customer, factory and supplier feedback to improve supplier quality. This is achieved through supplier selection and supplier performance management.
* Management of supplied material quality issues raised by the factory. Continually aim to establish and implement activities which support the movement to a supplier quality regime which reduces the need for upstream inspection and testing activities.
* Plan, conduct and fully document first article inspections on new and updated parts to ensure compliance to the drawing specification.
* Working with suppliers, plan, conduct and document appropriate activities to assure the continued quality of critical parts. Typically achieved by auditing supplier inspection results, reviewing part, manufacturing, test and inspection processes at supplier's premises.
* Management of supplied material quality issues raised by customers. Working with installed base and suppliers to ensure problems are effectively resolved and investigations are fully documented.
* Conduct approval and surveillance audits in line with the requirements of ISO9001 or ISO13485 and the Quality Agreement in place with the supplier.
* Provide quality management and technical support to supplier re-sourcing programs
* Help identify supply chain risks and develop mitigation plans for business continuity.
* Where appropriate, promote and drive the use of global best practice quality assurance tools used by suppliers.
* Where appropriate, write and issue supplier quality agreements.
* A strong electro-mechanical engineering and manufacturing background is essential.
* A minimum of HNC in an engineering discipline or equivalent
* ISO9001 or preferably ISO13485 Lead Auditor qualified or equivalent auditing experience.
* Excellent written communication skills - including report writing, CAPA investigations and quality plans.
* Computer literate and fast learning. Experience in navigating quickly and effectively around multiple computer systems and databases. MS Office experience mandatory.
* Demonstrable experience of using technical problem solving and process improvement techniques.
* Demonstrable experience of working with external suppliers.
* Demonstrable record of delivering stretching targets and successfully managing concurrent tasks.
* Willing and able to travel in the UK and Internationally.
* Full UK Driving Licence.
For more details please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.