Electrical Controls and Instrumentation Engineer
Our large Engineering company client based in Peterborough is looking to recruit an Electrical Controls and Instrumentation Engineer on a fulltime permanent basis. The role is to develop and issue electrical control and instrumentation designs for procurement, installation and commissioning of projects meeting company Quality Standards, Customer specifications and International Regulatory Requirements.
- Design and develop product portfolio
- Create designs to ensure functionality of electrical control and instrumentation systems for our clients proposals or contacts according to quality, safety, reliability, maintainability and cost targets.
- Technically support Project Managers including site visits, and technical meetings as required.
- Provide technical assistance to Sales, Applications, Spares and Service and new product development initiatives including site visits and technical meetings as required.
- Undertake design studies on our clients and competitor’s existing control systems as required including value engineering and cost reduction
- Deliver customer solutions
- Support Operations to resolve assembly or functionality issues
- Review and approve drawings, layouts, specifications and sub supplier data
- Prepare or advise on order data sheets, specify and approve materials of construction
- Specify and approve control system functional specifications
- Define and write PLC Programs
- Define and configure Visulisation Programs
- Simulate the PLC and Visulisation Programs using the appropriate simulation tools
- Specify and approve test and inspection procedures of all electrical, control and instrumentation equipment
- Provide design activity status reports and estimated design timings for project schedules as requested.
- Schedule own work to meet manufacturing and delivery targets
To be considered for this role you will have the following:-
- HNC/HND or Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Technical - Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation Design and Implementation
- PC - basic working knowledge and application of Microsoft products
- PLC/PC/Visualisation, CAD literate
- Detailed knowledge of Industrial network communication Protocols
- PLC Programming
- Visualisation configuration
This is a great opportunity to join a successful well established business in Peterborough. This role is Monday to Friday.