Category Manager (Construction, Housing & Regeneration)
5 days left
- Full Time
Role: Category /Procurement Manager (Construction, Housing & Regeneration)
Reports to: Head of Procurement
Responsible for: Circa 5 Procurement Officers
- Play a key role in shaping and implementing the procurement strategy for the category with a focus on collaborative working and partnering.
- Lead a professional category team to plan tendering projects and to negotiate and deliver value for money contracts.
- Develop and deliver a programme for procurement that meets service timescales, facilitates the delivery of improved services, achieves value for money and is in keeping with the priorities.
- Provide leadership, expert advice and implement procurement best practice to deliver tendering projects across the category.
- Implement modern contract and relationship management practices across the category, working with end users, colleagues and suppliers.
- Ensure that contract leads across the category are trained and suitably equipped to carry out their contract performance and supplier relationship management responsibilities in line with modern practices.
- To maintain an up to date and expert knowledge of changes in legislation and understanding their impact for both the category and the organisation.
- Ensure that procurement policies and procedures are understood and applied across the category and accordingly within their governance arrangements.
- Working with relevant managers to improve the strategic relationships with partners, suppliers and others to achieve value for money throughout the contract life cycle.
- To quantify spending at category level of all goods and services, develop and implement a year over year cost saving programme. Use a category management approach to spend analysis.
- Develop and agree with the Head of Procurement an annual work programme for the category team, manage and monitor the programme and team performance.
- Review annual procurement plans as required by the Head of Procurement
- Produce reports and guidance documents on significant issues including supplier performance, strategic market management and policy matters for presentation at senior level and at committees.
- To directly line manage several staff providing excellent people management ensuring staff are trained and developed to deliver the work and that good working practices are in place
- Degree qualified
- MCIPS or other professional procurement qualification
- Sound knowledge of the Construction/Housing/Regeneration category including NEC 3/JCT Contracts
- Managing/Leadership experience