Senior Legal Counsel
Looking for someone who can provide legal support to all facets of the business. This includes interfacing at all levels within the corporate structure and providing strategic and commercial legal advice and support in relation to internal and external operations and relationships and taking the lead in key contract negotiations.
National Payment Services Provider with strong market reputation.
- Legal expert reporting to the General Counsel and ultimately accountable to the Chief Legal Officer
- Draft and advise on complex legal documentation including critical payments systems agreements
- Direct engagement with government regulators, external consultants and banking partners to foster ongoing relationships.
- Provide advice on new transactions and product structures, highlighting any potential legal issues.
- Stay current on financial regulations globally that could impact the business model and further growth opportunities.
- Manage external providers of legal services
- 6+ years’ experience with a background in Law
- Knowledge of payment systems and banking/financial services environment
- Excellent business judgement, communication and interpersonal skills
- Open to some international travel