4 days left
- Full Time
My client is based in the Far East and also has a small office in North London. They have been in business for a long time and work within a niche market, being a market leader themselves.
The role is about working with the clients across the UK (and maybe later across Europe) to ensure that products are offered that they can sell to retail market. This company adds value to their products and you would work with their designers and marketeers to develop products, gain orders and see it through to delivery and next product / order.
Some of the tasks you would perform include:
* Identifies accounts where revenues may be shrinking and formulates strategies to reach out to these accounts and retain the customers
* Is actively involved in developing relationships with key users
* Supervises a product marketing team to get customer feedback on product improvements
* Has to coordinate with the sales team and marketing to find out ways to retain and increase customers
* Needs to meet customer needs
* Conducts strategic account reviews regularly to review service needs and usage trends
* Makes business objectives by identifying products and pricing that meet customer needs
* Conducts rate reviews or any dispute related to billing with strategic customers upon request
* Needs to gather market information to create offers that will boost the company margins and will beat his competitors
* Needs to identify business trends, forecast demand and prepare the annual sales budget
* Has to monitor performance keeping the budget in mind and suggest measures to maintain profits
Skills and Specifications
* Must have good communication and negotiation skills
* Must be able to work in a team and also motivate others
* Should be confident and willing to work hard
* Must have expertise in numbers
* Must know the basic technical functions and must be proficient in computers
You may have account manager knowledge in a sector like printing, packaging, OEM, maybe cosmetics or some industry where you deal with packaging or new product development. The products this company develops alongside major retailers are innovative and they have to work with several other companies to bring the products to the end users. It's not a quick sale, it is a process with many people involved.
You would need to understand the offering so would likely have to visit HQ in Hong Kong and the factories in China, getting to know what is possible and how to fix price points.
Can you develop relationships, develop products and also sell to the clients? If so then this account manager role is for you. You will need to be a driver with you own vehicle (at first). If so then please get in touch or send your CV without delay. You will be working closely with the Director and later maybe heading up a team for him.