Mental Health Support Worker
3 days left
- Full Time
Mental Health Support worker - Harrow, Hillingdon and Ealing (London) - great company, good benefits
- Mental Health experience and NVQ / similar qualification required.
Do you want to make a difference in a vulnerable person's life?
Do you have the commitment and positive values to make a difference to the lives of people living in a Residential and Supported accommodation?
We are looking for new, fantastic staff to join our teams and work with young people (18-60) with mental health problems.
- provide person-centred recovery focused support to tenants to enable them to manage their mental health, build life skills, promote healthy lifestyles and engage in educational, vocational and leisure activities;
- be calm, resourceful and energetic as well as motivated and hardworking;
- have the maturity to be able to work within a framework of recovery, building confidence, self-esteem, hope and positive coping skills;
- be supporting clients with Mental Health, including schizophrenia, split personality disorder, depression and anxiety, follow care and/or support plans for each service user/tenant with respect and dignity;
- you must be able to follow agreed guidelines and risk management plans and to work positively within a consistent, mutually supportive team ethos.
This may include one or more of the following examples:
- Help our clients’ live as independently as possible;
- Provide them with access to work, education or training;
- Enjoy leisure time, activities and cultural beliefs in the community;
- Help them keep in touch with family and friends and making new friends;
- Carry out or assist with domestic tasks such as cooking and shopping;
- Assist with the provision of medication as directed;
We offer good benefits and continuous development and training.
Important: Mental Health experience and NVQ / similar qualification required.
Job Type: Full-time