Marketing and Communications Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
Estelle Levin Ltd. (ELL) is a specialist consultancy dedicated to responsible mining and sourcing.
We work with corporations and their advisors to help them mine and source responsibly and with governments, development agencies and NGOs to create environments where responsible business and sustainable development can be business as usual. We believe collaboration is the key to real results and to a positive change in the mining and minerals sector in the long term.
ELL seeks a proactive and highly organised person to lead on ELL’s marketing and communications. This is a varied role covering all aspects of our marketing and communications, including but not limited to: External and Internal Communications to key stakeholders; co-ordinating and delivering the social media and digital strategy; delivering, extending and promoting ELL’s communications services to corporate and public clientele.
The Manager will be taking over at a time when ELL’s brand will just be about to be re-launched, or just after, and so will be responsible for driving momentum for brand building on the back of this. We are restructuring the business so s/he will work across all divisions, including our nascent social venture.
To apply, please send your CV, a Cover Letter outlining your capabilities for this specific role and a short (up to 1000 words) writing sample such as a blog or press release in English.
1. Client services
- Provide comms services to existing ELL clients in the private, public, and third sectors.
- Manage development of ELL’s comms business area for clients.
- Edit company deliverables and publications.
- Desk-top publish ELL products, or manage this as appropriate.
- Work closely with all business area leads to design their marketing strategies and lead or support implementation of these.
- Support director and other ELL staff to write presentations, and prepare for sales meetings by producing briefings on prospects.
- Develop materials (brochures, fact sheets, case studies etc.)
- Design internal procedures for ensuring the efficient and effective creation and delivery of marketing
- Maintain the CRM system
3. Communications Strategy
- Implement and further develop upon the communications strategy and plan
- Manage the budget for all communications activity.
- Assist with planning and implementing events
- Ensure brand manual is followed in all external and internal materials
- Manage relationships with ELL media & comms suppliers
4. External communications
- Deliver timely, effective communications through methods and tools that reach the right audiences through the right channels.
- Develop the social media strategy and plan
- Manage website and all SoMe channels including producing new and relevant content for company, including blogs.
- Produce external and Internal company newsletters and press releases
5. Internal communications:
- Define and maintain an internal communications calendar and framework that improves internal communications
- Train team in improving communications skills (presentations skills, SoMe, using brand manual etc.)
- Qualification: minimum Bachelors degree
- Desirable degree: English, Languages, Communications, Journalism, Arts or Social Sciences
- At least 3 years of experience in a Comms, Marketing or PR role.
- Excellent communication, organisational and people skills.
- Practical experience in using social media platforms.
- Ability to structure communications for a global audience.
- Presenting comms / marketing materials in a format suitable for the audience and channels.
- Outstanding writing skills - in a wide variety of styles: social media, academic, journalistic, creative with the ability to ghost write in a variety of 'voices' other than their own.
- Value-driven with a passion for people, planet, and the passion for driving social transformation through business
- Works collaboratively, builds cohesion, and can perform well individually or within a team
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to swiftly understand, organize, and communicate complex technical information even in areas initially unfamiliar
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Fluency or good professional competency in a second language (especially French, Portuguese, Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, or Kiswahili) will be viewed favourably.
- Proactive and energetic, and have the ability to engage stakeholders and employees.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, dealing with a varied workload and meeting tight deadlines
- Can-do attitude with a willingness to backstop and enable other team members and multi-task
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office, Prezi, Content Management, Microsoft Excel, CRM